02 Jul Strawberry and Avocado Salad Recipe
Wimbledon kicks off this week and if there’s one thing that Wimbledon is synonymous with, it’s strawberries. Typically with cream or in a Pimms admittedly, but strawberries are delicious in a salad too.
Combined with creamy avocado and crunchy seeds, this strawberry salad works really well as a summer lunch with some added protein. It’s worth noting that strawberries are amongst the most pesticide-covered produce, so it’s always worth choosing organic if you can.
Here’s my strawberry, avocado and spinach salad recipe:
One 100g bag of baby leaf spinach
100g organic strawberries
1 large avocado
3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
1 tablespoon poppyseeds
Lemon juice, olive oil and honey (optional) for dressing
- Wash, dry and halve the strawberries.
- Peel and stone the avocado and chop it into chunks.
- Peel, halve lengthways and finely slice the shallot.
- In a bowl, combine the strawberries, avocado, spinach leaves, shallot and pumpkin seeds.
- In a small jar, shake together the poppy seeds with equal measures of lemon juice and olive oil. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Serve and enjoy immediately.