02 Jul Strawberry and Avocado Salad Recipe
Our strawberry and avocado salad recipe is a delicious summer crowd pleaser. The combination of creamy avocado, sweet strawberries and crunchy seeds makes for a fun and flavourful salad that’s perfect for alfresco dining. Why not serve it at your next BBQ?
It’s worth noting that strawberries are amongst the most pesticide-covered produce, so it’s always worth choosing organic if you can.
Here’s our strawberry, avocado and spinach salad recipe:
One 100g bag of baby leaf spinach
100g organic strawberries
1 large avocado
3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
1 tablespoon poppyseeds
Lemon juice, olive oil and honey (optional) for dressing
- Wash, dry and halve the strawberries.
- Peel and stone the avocado and chop it into chunks.
- Peel, halve lengthways and finely slice the shallot.
- In a bowl, combine the strawberries, avocado, spinach leaves, shallot and pumpkin seeds.
- In a small jar, shake together the poppy seeds with equal measures of lemon juice and olive oil. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Serve and enjoy immediately.